Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Relaxation at KP? That's a New One...

Thanks to the great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his efforts in the Civil Rights movement, he was given a federal holiday in his honor. Because we attend a federal service academy, we get all federal holidays off. Generally when there are Monday holidays, the whole regiment is given a long weekend. This past weekend was no exception. But let me start with Thursday.

To most Midshipmen, Thursday is the best weekday because of Cookie Cafe in the afternoon. To make this Thursday better, Cookie Cafe was paired with the lunch entree of stromboli, a Midshipman favorite. Though it was meatball stromboli, not the beloved sausage and pepperoni variety, people were happy nonetheless. After going to Calc 2 and Physics 2, we bolted out of Fulton/Gibbs (the math and science building) and headed straight to Land Hall, where Cookie Cafe is held. Though I've been trying to cut back on my cookie intake, I find it all too easy to eat more than I should, though I was able to consume less on this day than on previous Thursdays.

Once I finished up my assortment of cookies, I took a nap before my physical therapy session at 1730 in the sports medicine room in O'Hara Hall, the athletic building. For only being out of surgery for a week and a half, the physical therapist was pleased with my range of motion.

Friday morning is one of the better mornings of classes because we have Naval Science first period followed by three hours of work in the machine shop or welding shop. My half of the class was to start welding that day and boy, were we all happy to be getting away from the grade reducer known as machine shop. The very lucky people in machine shop were the ones to escape with a C, everybody else received D's and F's. Even though we didn't do any welding ourselves, it was fun watching demos of arc welding and oxyacetylene welding and cutting.

Once we got out of welding, all we had separating us from the long weekend was Calc 2 and lunch. Thankfully those two flew by and our free time came. Because of the state of my shoulder, I figured it would be best to stay here for the weekend and relax. Because I like to think of myself as a nice guy, I decided to take watches from a couple of people to allow them to escape from this place for a few days. It wasn't all that bad, it allowed me to get some homework done. Aside from that, I spent my time relaxing in my room watching movies or watching football in Land Hall.

Sunday was an absolutely wonderful day for me because I got to sleep in, go to church, order pizza, and watch the Vikings crush the Cowboys along with a Cowboys fan nonetheless! That was a whole lot of fun. Besides doing that, there isn't much to write about Sunday.

Monday wasn't much excitement either, especially since I got to miss going to the PKT for a physical therapy session, since I heard that the PKT was pretty entertaining.

Today wasn't all that exciting either. We followed a Monday school schedule since we did not have class Monday, though I don't see why making up Monday classes is all that important, whatever... I think I'll get off now so I can go shower and get ready for bed. Stand by for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment