Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh Joy, Command...........

The last couple of weeks have really flown by. With a while still to go until Presidents' Day Weekend and therefore not a whole lot to look forward to, the days move somewhat fast. As I sit here at my desk, nothing really sticks out, but I'm sure I'll have some stuff come to mind as I'm writing.

I spent the week of the 18th anticipating the matchup between the Saints and Vikings. I was so proud of Vikings for coming this far and I expected them to end the Saints' dreams of Super Bowl glory. I'm sure I mentioned that to a few people, but I kept my predictions and hopes mainly to myself. As the week rolled on, I kept getting more and more excited for the game. By the time Sunday arrived, I was so pumped I could barely contain it. We were allowed to watch both games in Delano, which I gladly did after the PKT. When I tuned in, the Vikings were up 14-7, but the Saints quickly equalized the score. Watching the game got fairly annoying at times having to watch with a Saints fan and his friends who were newly converted Saints fans. The game was pretty heartbreaking for me as the Vikings squandered chance after chance with the seemingly endless turnovers and bonehead play calls. After the game and still to today, people come up to me and talk about how Brett Favre lost the game for the Vikes by himself even though I think my "shared blame" argument is much more sound. I am glad, though, because the frequency of people doing that has been diminishing very steadily.

Thanks to a conference in Colorado, we didn't have Aquatic Survival Monday morning, which allowed me to take a two hour nap before my third period class as well as another hour-long nap right before lunch. After lunch, I think due to the rain, the power went out throughout campus. Not being able to sleep, wash clothes (which I needed to do), or do anything on the computer, I tried to kill as much time as I could before physical therapy at 1730. Because the power came on just after 1630, I was able to go to the cardio room to hit the bike for a half-hour. I did the same on Tuesday between my baseball meeting and physical therapy. The power went out again just after 2000 and remained off until approximately 0200 the next morning, which made it nearly impossible to anything productive.

For some reason, Wednesday is a blur to me. I don't think anything important happened, so I'll just leave it at that. Thursday was a day to which I had been looking forward for quite some time. My mom and her Bible study group had agreed to send in cookies for Cookie Cafe on January 28th. Because of that, my mom handpicked one of each type of cookie and made a little bag for me, which I am still enjoying.

Because we had Command Inspection today, our most intense inspection, we spent Friday night cleaning our rooms and cleaning stations. That ended up not being too bad as one of my roommates and I ordered pizza from Domino's once we finished up cleaning our rooms. Because of that and welding class, Friday was a very good day.

This morning was filled with last-minute preparations for the inspection, which was followed by two hours of standing at the position of attention (POA) for the inspection. Luckily, my room got a fairly easy grader and we made off with a 94. Others, however, got some pretty harsh inspectors and got lower scores than us, a few were quite a bit lower. After we were finished with the inspection, I got to leave to go to physical therapy in O'Hara. Thankfully, my shoulder was feeling a lot better today than it was on Thursday. For some reason, the pain was pretty bad in some of the exercises that day. Hopefully that's behind me. I think right now I'm going to snag a nap as we have liberty until 2200 and then maybe watch a movie after I wake up. Stand by for further posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment