Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tuesday Until Now, Along with Some Times We Could've Done Without

It's been so long since Tuesday, but I'll try to remember. I had watch from 800-1200, but my watch relief was a little late, so it was more like 1215, but that wasn't a real big deal. That afternoon we had swimming class where we brought some of our BDU pants (cargo pants we were issued for Indoc) and learned how to inflate them and swim with them. It was actually kind of fun.

After Swimming we headed over to Calc to get our test grades. I think most people were a lot happier with these grades than they were with the first test. The first test did not go very well for most, but many people got A's or B's on this one. Once I got back from class, I used my rack-in to sleep for about 2 hours. Boy, did that feel good. When I awoke I found that Army PT had been cancelled, so I waited a little while, then went to dinner before going back on watch. Watch was again pretty uneventful, though the morning required me to take some pretty bizarre calls. All part of the experience here, I guess.

Wednesday wasn't too exciting either. Class was okay, but the day picked up quite a bit with baseball. It was another mound day for the pitchers, although we were given a new meaning for that when we weren't pitching. Since we didn't have a real bullpen, our pitching coach told those of us pitchers to start building a mound for one. Though it took us most of practice, we got one of the two pitching rubbers set, as well as the mound finished up. It was pretty cool seeing it come together like it did. Because I was one of the last people to throw, I was able to throw to some batters. I did a lot better than Sunday for some reason, but I wasn't complaining! My highlight of the day was catching a senior looking on a curveball. That was so sick!

The rest of the night was filled with study hall and more homework after that because of a physics lab being due the next day.

Thursday too, was also not the most exciting day. Come to think of it, though, most of the days start to blend together after a while. I remember that I had physics lab in the morning, which we finished about an hour early, and we had two class periods of Maritime Studies because the teacher is going to be gone the last week of the class. After class, which was comprised of Cookie Cafe at Land Hall, as well as hanging out with some friends, we lifted in the weight room for Army PT.

When I got back to the barracks, I read an email that our CTO was going to quiz us that night on our 11 General Orders. Thankfully I saw that before leaving for dinner, and I was able to study, and do well on it when I returned. Last night was spent not doing homework, like I should've been doing, but I was able to get most of it done today.

Today was a pretty fun day, though marred slightly by CTO time at 2205. We started off in Maritime Studies Lab where we worked on pipe threading. Pipe threading is a fun activity that also does not take much time, even less when with a group that is on task and has a general idea of what it's doing. Because of that, my group got out about an hour early, leaving me more time to study for my physics test 4th period. After lunch nothing substantial really occurred, though we had to march again for Reg. Period. Baseball was cancelled for today, so I spent the afternoon working on my English paper which is due next Wednesday. I finally made some headway on that, so I'm very thankful.

After dinner I headed out to the chapel for Friday night Men's Bible Study, where we talked about and looked at verses pertaining to God's dreams for us. It was a very entertaining and uplifting study. After getting back I worked on my paper some more before CTO time 2205. It started off alright, though there was no chair set up at the end of the hallway, so I figured we would not be having any fun. Because some people felt it was okay to disrespect some Midshipmen Officers, we all had to do 50 pushups. Only these were done at a cadence slower than I would've liked, with a nice break in the up position after 25. After that, those of us not on flight deck and who took the General Orders quiz last night were ordered to do our cleaning stations for the next 45 minutes. That wasn't all that great, but at least we got stuff clean. Once that finished up, I headed over to a friend's room where I have been sitting for the past 2 hours. I think it's about time for bed, as we have Red Cross training tomorrow morning at 0800, with our Apple Picking TM afterwards. Tomorrow should be a good afternoon/evening. Stand by for further posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment