Saturday, August 22, 2009

Finally, a weekend. Wait, this isn't what I wanted!

Weekends here at USMMA are nothing short of terrible for Plebe Candidates, at least for me anyway. We actually have a good chunk of free time where we can do whatever we're allowed to do. The only problem is: we aren't really allowed to do a whole lot. Most of the seniors are gone because of Ring Dance (the dance where they receive their class rings). That's been pretty nice having almost all of the upperclassmen gone, but we aren't able to do much that we can do while they're here. Oftentimes, people spend weekends doing homework, but when they're done, they'll usually sit in their rooms at their computers with really nothing to do. I usually like to work out on weekends, but they guys I was going to work out with had a lot of homework to do. By the time they did go, it was too close to dinner for me to finish a few tasks, as well as, work out. So, I really haven't accomplished much of anything yet today.

Saturdays have "Mandatory Fun Nights" where we go into the auditorium and watch a movie. Tonight should be fun watching Black Hawk Down on a big screen with a lot of cool people. There was much objection today in First Company about watching that movie because it was a) too long and b) too violent for some girls' tastes. Unfortunately for them, fortunately for many of us guys, by the time they were given permission to buy a DVD at the store (we cannot buy or have DVDs in our rooms), the store had closed. As I sit here waiting to muster to go to the movie, I am thankful that I will finally have something to do. Saturdays are not the greatest here for me. Though I'm guessing that will change when we start getting Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment